Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Books I'm Reading

Here's a list of what's currently on my bedside table:
  • An Inconvenient Truth (Al Gore) - because my sister strongly encouraged me to see the movie. I seldom watch movies, but like to read. So far it's very depressing. Everybody just stop driving your cars.
  • The First Five Pages (Noah Lukeman) - a book on writing. Just checked it out from the library today.
  • Reading Lolita in Tehran (Azar Nafisi) - I'd heard good things about it, so I picked it up at a garage sale. I think it would be much easier to understand if I'd read any of the books discussed in it. But I'm not feeling a strong desire to read Nabokov just to understand this book better. Still, it's an interesting look at life in Iran.
  • The Forest for the Trees (Betsy Lerner) - another book on writing. What can I say? I need help.
  • Sabbath Keeping (Lynne M. Baab) - it's been on my bedside for a while now. I'm trying to read a chapter and then put it to use before moving on.
  • For Women Only (Shaunti Feldhahn) - to help me relate better to my husband. Is it working, hon?
  • Baby Proof (Emily Giffin) - Light fiction. Just for fun and because she's a former Napervillian (if I remember correctly from my cousin's article in the Daily Herald).

0 musings: