Thursday, January 15, 2009

From 60 to 0 in 2.5

We went to Disney World this week, home of immersive movies, beloved cartoon characters and fast-moving roller coasters. AMusing Dad didn't get to ride the Rockin' Roller Coaster at Hollywood Studios theme park, which boasts an impressive exceleration from 0 to 60 in something like 2.9 seconds. But that's okay, because Southwest Airlines gave us a ride to rival that one. We traveled from comfortable 60-degree Orlando to zero-degree (and now sub-zero) Chicago in only 2.5 hours. And let me tell you that the shock of that leaves you reeling much longer than the Rockin' Roller Coaster.

Thankfully we have a "snow day" due to the highly inclement weather to recover from it. And I'm hoping I charged my "warmth" battery enough to tough it through this artic spell.

2 musings:

everydayMOM said...

So glad you're home! I have a list of things I need to talk about.... but not until you're back to speed! =] We're heading to the warmth of the indoor waterparks at the Dells today... and we DID have school.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back. Hope you had a good time.