Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Rollabind Notepads

I got a fun new tool for Christmas. It's a Rollabind punch set - it punches paper for binding with plastic circles. So I can make my own books (no, this is not a start on self-publishing my book). Anyway, I had some fun with it on Christmas Day. Here's what I made:

It's a notepad. I created a "To Do" list template on the computer that I printed out and then cut to 8 1/2" x 3 1/2". I used heavy card stock for the front and back covers and mounted this Christmasy paper on top. The stamp is from TAC's "Tag Tidbits". Then I punched the top of the pages with the Rollabind and bound them with small discs. I realize without a Rollabind you're not going to just jump up and make one of these. But if you're looking for a fun tool for paper crafting, I'd strongly recommend this one. It's great for all sorts of different gift-giving projects, both big and small. Who knows, our GEMS group may end up with notepads or something made with it in the next year or two. Here's a link to some ideas of other things you can make with a Rollabind.


For more ideas like this and other information on creating inexpensive gifts and decorations, check out the new book, Pampering Gifts: Crafting a Ministry of Treating People Well For Less.

1 musings:

Anonymous said...

Lara, I love my "to do" notepad!! I was wondering how you made it. Now I know! What a great idea. Thank you very much for the gift.