Saturday, May 09, 2009

Super Savings Saturday: Cheap Baby Wipes

If you have a little one in diapers, chances are you go through a TON of baby wipes. And that can be pretty expensive after a while (as if all those diapers weren't enough). Well, I found a recipe for homemade wipes shortly after my first child was born and I used it through all three of my girls' days in diapers. These things were cheap, easy to make and worked just fine, thank you!

Wanna know the secret recipe*? Here it is:
1 roll of regular size sheet Bounty paper towels (do not skimp & buy cheepie paper towels - they will. not. work.)
1 cup of water
1 Tbs. baby shampoo (any brand)
1 Tbs. baby oil (any brand)

Cut the paper towel roll in half. I usually used a hack saw, but a bread knife works too. Then remove the cardboard core. Place the half roll in a RubberMaid servin' saver 3 qt., size G container or similar size container with lid. Mix together the water, shampoo & baby oil. Pour over paper towel roll, saturating the towels evenly.

To use, pull paper towels from up from center of roll.

I used these almost exclusively for all three girls. The only reason I bought regular baby wipes was to put in the travel wipes container in the diaper bag for when we were out and about.

*Sorry for no attribution of my original source. It's been so long now that I completely forget where I got it from.

0 musings: