Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

"Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. " Luke 2:11
"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27

I wish you peace today - in your home and your neighborhood, with family, with friends and yes, even with enemies. But most of all, I wish you peace with God that Jesus came to bring, the peace that only Jesus can bring.
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33.

This is what Christmas is about. It's about God making a way for things to be right between Him and us. Sure, life here and now won't always be sunshine and roses, but we can be sure that one day all things will be made right and whole and we'll live eternally in peace rather than condemnation. Yet I think it's alright to hope for peace now too. It's something that our hearts long for and something we rejoice in finding. So even though peace on earth may be fleeting or illusive, I hope that today you find it. And I hope in finding it you understand Christmas even better.

Merry Christmas! Peace to you and yours.

0 musings: