Friday, December 08, 2006

Pretzel Hugs & Kisses

I tried a new "cookie" recipe with my kids today. It was for "Pretzel Hugs". I have to tell you I absolutely love it. Not because they're tasty (although they are), but because of how incredibly easy they were to make. Other than popping them in the oven for 10 minutes, I didn't have to be involved at all (I was, for the fun of it). My three and five-year-old daughters totally got into making them and I didn't feel like I need to correct or direct or interject. All that said, here's the recipe (I've heard it from multiple sources. This is from our new church cookbook. So "thanks", Elizabeth).

Pretzel Hugs (or Kisses)
pretzel rings plain M & M's
Hershey's Hugs

Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Place pretzel rings on a cookie sheet and top with unwrapped Hugs (we used Hershey's Candy Candy Kisses. Same idea, minty flavor). Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately place an M & M on top of each Hug, gently pressing candy down if necessary. Cool in refrigerator or freezer until easily removed from cookie sheet. Store in refrigerator.

2 musings:

Llama Momma said...

Oh, I LOVE this recipe! And I think they worked out to only 1 WW point each. Or was it 2 for 1? I can't remember. Of course, if you only eat one or two of these, you probably don't NEED to be counting points! :-)

Anonymous said...

I prefer using the Hugs since they seem to have a lower melting point and fill in the pretzel a little easier. I have, however, used Kisses with peanut butter M&M's...also yummy! A GREAT recipe to use with kids, and EVERYONE loves eating them!